Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adil
Visitor

Ruko in LAN

Hi there how are I would like to know how many roku device we can host in Local network We provide Cabel tv to few villages in small country and we are thinking to go with IPTV and setup our own lan and serv them with roku.. is there any devoloper who can help us please let me know thank you we will pay for your time
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: Ruko in LAN

You'll be limited only by your network capacity.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
adil
Visitor

ON lan there is no access to Internet.. does roku require any sort of internet connection

Our plan is to setup 1gb switch and from there distribute fiber cabel to each house with cat 5 and the connect roku
again no outside world access just the lan if you can help me understand little more.. i will really appreciate it

(Streaming Server)---->>>>FIBER --->cat5---->Subscriber

NO internet at all
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

Internet access is required.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
bkgoodman
Visitor

Could you elaborate on what the (outside) Internet access is needed for?

We are also working with a Telco, who will [potentially] be running on a private, managed network.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

For one thing, you need internet access for any firmware patches that become available for your roku box, as well as for initial setup and registration...
0 Kudos
adil
Visitor

Thats going to cause some problem is there anway other way we can use this device without the online ?
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

If you are doing demos, it will work without internet access once it has already been configured and you're only accessing your local channel. There is no way to deploy to end users without internet access though.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Could you do the roku setup over dial-up Internet connection or cellphone tethering? Won't work with iPhone as it doesn't do infrastructure mode, but maybe android phone?

Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
adil
Visitor

"RokuKevin" wrote:
If you are doing demos, it will work without internet access once it has already been configured and you're only accessing your local channel. There is no way to deploy to end users without internet access though.

So basically every customer need internet.. in order to use roku device ? We didnt want put internet access because then we would need to get ISP license and iSp license is pain in our country

Joel can you explain little more about your suggestion I am bit confuse
0 Kudos