Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ooshwa
Visitor

Roku2: can we write to the MicroSD card?

In the Roku2, are we able to write to the MicroSD card with the current SDK?

Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
goya
Visitor

Re: Roku2: can we write to the MicroSD card?

that is very important question... hopefully someone who knows will answer it. maybe give sample code to create/delete/open/close/read/write on cd card, i mean how to fully address the sd file system.

also would be nice to be able to format cards... at least quick format... and to get a+ to surface scan... and check the file system, report errors and repair...
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

A channel can neither read nor write the SD card. It is used only for storing channel information, to allow for more channels than will fit in the internal Flash.

--Mark
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

The press release for the Roku 2 hardware says the top end model will have a USB port? Is that in addition to the microSD card?
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"destruk" wrote:
The press release for the Roku 2 hardware says the top end model will have a USB port? Is that in addition to the microSD card?

Yes. It's not in any of the press artwork on Roku's site, but it's on the side of the XS, as seen in the third picture here: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetreviews ... 9999/26284
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
goya
Visitor

so tmp for transient while channel is running and registry for permanent , plus you have to world wide web, easy enough to send stuff out, since roku really needs an always on connection. Not a bad deal. More like thin client. I like it! Who wanted to format stainking micro sd cards anyway... this is no xbox with 250gb drive... it's dirt cheap device that we all can play with... now if i can only get my hello world program to work... 😉
0 Kudos