Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nethram
Visitor

Roku deep linking feed XML file format

I want to implement deep linking xml feed file for  my roku channel  . channel consists of  slide shows and videos .  So I can't use  media types  movie or series  .I found Roku deep linking xml feed format for media types movie and series "https://sdkdocs.roku.com/download/attachments/3737679/roku-partner-content-feed-example-non-tms-id-2...
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
cocotower
Roku Guru

Re: Roku deep linking feed XML file format

The format mentioned in the SDK docs says to submit a list like this:
contentID = "SOMEMOVIE1943"
mediaType = "movie"
contentID = "ANOTHERMOVIE1961"
mediaType = "movie"
....and so on...
I pasted my list into my channel's support info page and resubmitted the next update and then Roku used it to test deep linking.  It's up to your code to see the contentID and mediaType being sent to your channel app and act accordingly.  It's tricky to get the behavior right especially if you have subscription items, but there's a Roku app called Deep Link Tester that will help you get it right locally before submitting your channel and having it rejected after a 3 week wait.
0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Your mediaID can be any kind of legal text or string of numerical digits.. it doesn't have to reveal the actual movie name and year like my IDs do.
0 Kudos
Nethram
Visitor

Thank you for your reply .
0 Kudos