Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danstl
Visitor

Roku debuging?

can you get player debug info from the telnet port on the roku? If not (though I know it would void the warranty) can you get it from the serial headers in the box itself? Or does Roku have a debug / developer unit available for purchase?

-dan
Model: 2050X - wired
S/N: J0A07F000104
ISP: At&t 12Mb (primary) -- Charter 20Mb (secondary)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
digiblur
Visitor

Re: Roku debuging?

"danstl" wrote:
can you get player debug info from the telnet port on the roku? If not (though I know it would void the warranty) can you get it from the serial headers in the box itself? Or does Roku have a debug / developer unit available for purchase?

-dan

Look in the SDK docs, you'll see some debug info sent out via telnet. I think on port 8085, if I remember correctly.
0 Kudos
danstl
Visitor

Re: Roku debuging?

Thanks, I guess I missed that bit of info 🙂

EDIT :
From the RokuDvp-Developer guide:

Run the application with the application debug console open. When you telnet to the Roku DVP on port 8085 (see section 8.1) you will see the debug console from your application. If there are any errors in your code, they will show up on this console. There is even a debugger attached to this port that will give you source file and line number information for script errors.
Model: 2050X - wired
S/N: J0A07F000104
ISP: At&t 12Mb (primary) -- Charter 20Mb (secondary)
0 Kudos