Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rudradev
Visitor

Roku certification

Dear  All,
Kindly let me know whether followings are mandatory for Roku channel certification.

1. To include  Nielsen DAR tracker
2. To include Comscore VCE tracker
3. BIF files or other trick play thumbnails must be displayed during VOD trick play.
4.Free trial subscription
5. Deep linking
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku certification

https://developer.roku.com/develop/chan ... tification

It is after March 31, 2019 so that says you must support two kinds of deep linking.  However, if your channel opens up to a single live stream and nothing else, deep linking will always work even if it's not implemented in your channel as it will always play the same thing.  You will also be required to support Single SignOn.  Roku has been known to give out waivers and passes for some items, so if you have most of the requirements and tell them you will work on what is missing they will try to come to an agreeable timeframe for implementation.  If you don't feature advertising then you can probably ignore the nielsen sections.
4.8 BIF files or other trick play thumbnails must be displayed during VOD trick play. (Required after March 31, 2019)
0 Kudos
rudradev
Visitor

Hi Thanks for your response. 
I didnt understand what is this two kinds of deep liniking. Is it mandatory to have comscore tracker.
Kindly help.

Regards,
Rudra.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/Deep+Linking

Type 1 - Launches channel and plays deep linked content

Type 2 - In the case where the channel is already running, play deep linked content with roInput without relaunching the channel

Comscore, no.
0 Kudos
rudradev
Visitor

Hi Thanks for your support.
Some more inputs required.

1. Deep linking. : We are developing application for a major video content provider having huge collections of video content . For deep linking , if we use all the content  , the json size will very very big. Is there any limitation on deep linking json size . 
2. Our application has provision for adevertising . howerver currently we dont have any deal woth Nielsen . Should we ignore nielsen part . I am not seeing anywhere written nielsen is mandatory . Request your valuable suggestions on this.
0 Kudos
coldrain
Binge Watcher

I don't see any reason why deep linking can make your json feed bigger. You only need to have index for each video, then open that video when there is deep linking request.
Btw, in the recent announcement from Roku, looks like the BIF file requirement is postponed to March 2020
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

You should probably submit the channel for publication/certification and if Roku has an issue they will email you about it.
0 Kudos