Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
romeroej
Visitor

Roku and WUPLOAD

Hello All,

i used to use Megaupload as my "cdn". And used my premiun account to fetch videos and watch them on my Roku. Now i have to use WUPLOAD. however im not able to set my Premiun account (so i cannot stream the videos).

I have tried to use a 'POST' to login but it doenst seem to be working. (perhaps im not using the correct post.)

I was wondering if somebody has been able to get their ROKU to authenticate with WUPLOAD.

p.d with megaupload is very easy as they have static cookies for the users. wupload generates a new one on each login.

Any help would be awsome.

Merry Xmas!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku and WUPLOAD

The roUrlTransfer component doesn't store cookies automatically, so you'll probably need to read the cookies from the headers on each response and make sure you send them back in with each GET/POST. Here's a thread from awhile back that might help you get started: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=37430&p=243831#p243844

I think there may be an example with cookies in the latest SDK, but I'm not positive about that...
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
romeroej
Visitor

Ty TheEndless.

the issue is that i dont know how to get the head() from the post request i perform ( i use postfromstring and the only thing i get back is a int)

if i perform a head() after the post im guessing the state has already been lost. (because im not getting the expected headers. im only getting them as if i just did a get on a regualr page)

thanks in advance.

ir = CreateObject("roUrlTransfer")
irport = CreateObject("roMessagePort")
ir.SetPort(irport)
ir.SetUrl("http://www.wupload.com/account/login")
ir.PostFromString("email=myuser&redirect=%2Ffile%2F2615632212%2FSMDST1E01.mp4&password=mypassword")
headers = ir.Head()
printAA(headers.GetResponseHeaders())

The headers im getting is as i havent "logged in"
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If you want to get the headers returned from your POST, you have to use AsyncPostFromString and then GetResponseHeaders or GetResponseHeadersArray when you receive the event.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
romeroej
Visitor

renojim, but when i do a head() doesnt the state get lost? over what can i do the GetResponseHeaders? only on the Head() response i know i can call the responseheaders?
0 Kudos
romeroej
Visitor

nvm i can do it on the response of port event wait. but it seems im not being able to login correctly 😞
0 Kudos
romeroej
Visitor

i migrated to filenium. and now its workink using basic authentication.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.