Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priya_sp
Visitor

Roku Screen Customization

I'm new to Roku development. I'm  trying to customize the ro- listscreen component... 

1. Whether can i swap the image 1 and image 2 positions as shown in the screenshot.
2. Is any chance to customize the pre-defined  components in roku sdk ? like poster screen, list screen etc.... 
 title:            
 ID:           
 HDBackgroundImageUrl: 
SDBackgroundImageUrl: 
SDSmallIconUrl: 
HDSmallIconUrl: 
ShortDescriptionLine2:
ShortDescriptionLine1

3. where to get the predefined variables names for component? 
4.Is it possible to draw the own screen without using components?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Screen Customization

"priya_sp" wrote:
4.Is it possible to draw the own screen without using components

Yes, if you use roScreen - https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc/roScreen[/url:3g0tiuq1].  You will have to build everything ...
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

@priya_sp - you cannot "swap the images" in roListScreen.

Other than going bonkers with "Roku Scene Graph", your other options in customizing is to use roImageCanvas (which might be good for you) and roScreen (probably not).
0 Kudos
priya_sp
Visitor

how to handle the remote key events if i go for roscreen or roimagecanvas ?
0 Kudos
priya_sp
Visitor

is there any way to divide the screen into two equal parts?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"priya_sp" wrote:
how to handle the remote key events if i go for roscreen or roimagecanvas ?

The same way like in roListScreen - you run a loop checking for messages from the component and albeit the event type is different, the meaning/handling is the same:
roListScreen: roListScreenEvent, variant isRemoteKeyPressed()
roImageCanvas: roImageCanvasEvent, variant isRemoteKeyPressed()
roScreen: roUniversalControlEvent

"priya_sp" wrote:
is there any way to divide the screen into two equal parts?

I imagine you are thinking something like HTML frames, so that you can put one ro-classic component on one side and another in the other half of the screen. The answer is "no", there is no such feature.
0 Kudos
priya_sp
Visitor

having few doubts

canvasItems = [
        { 
            url:"http://192.168.1.23/boardwalk.jpg"
            TargetRect:{x:100,y:100,w:400,h:300}
        },

whether x,y values in targetrect fit into all screens without problem..does it create problem in smaller screen?

2.i have created a rectangle using canvas..now is it possible to create the listscreen inside the rectangle canvas

3. i have divided the screen by drawing the 2 rectangles using ro-image canvas.Aftr that im trying to use api calls to get the data inside the 1 st rectangle.is it make sense ??
0 Kudos
priya_sp
Visitor

Requirements
1. need the customized screen --where i want to call api's and to render the data.if i go for ro-image canvas option( which is used to render only text and image).i was not able to call the api's..which component i should use to render the api's data as well as should customize the UI screen completely
0 Kudos