Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku LT SW:5.1 Build:1178 issues

Hi

After auto update on 16 Aug. my channel start working very strange. After downloading and parsing JSON data from the web service when roPosterScreen should be displayed, the screen blink with black flash once or twice and the channel automatically close, what is strange that the channel is closing without stack trace log in debugger. While downloading and parsing JSON data i have one progress dialog which i close when everything is finished just before to show the poster screen with data set. As i tested with dummy objects from poster screen sdk example, dummy objects are displayed correctly which is very strange. I believe it could be some framework memory issue, or i dont know. Is there any solution for this?

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku LT SW:5.1 Build:1178 issues

Hi, you need to have a facade screen, this is usually done as follows:

sub main()
facade=createobject("roimagecanvas")
facade.show()

What you are seeing is normal behavior, however, the behavior was (I think accidentally) changed in firmware 5.0 and the most recent public release of 3.1, and reverted in later firmware updates (on 5.1).

- Joel
0 Kudos