Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Binge Watcher

Roku Global Search - TV Series

Hello.  Everybody needs a little help sometimes.  If you have set up your own NON-TMS search feed and have a moment - for TV series, the tags are 'seriesItems' - followed by seriesID, titles, images, descriptions, originalairdate, runtime, releaseyear, crew, cast.  That makes sense to me - I mean it'd be like:
Series ID = "24_the_series"
Titles/title ="24"
a graphc goes in the image
a description - Jack Bauer saves everybody
air date 2010?
45 minutes or so runtime (or is this the total minutes of video we have for all episodes and all seasons?)
release year 2010
crew director: director's name
cast: cast name(s)

After that - I'm confused.  It says Seasons/Season/Season Number - does each season number need to be listed individually there or can we just put the number of seasons we have available, or the latest season we have?  Within Episodes we would loop through the information for all the episodes available for ALL seasons, or just the current season in the xml?

Thanks
The sample XML feeds only have a single episode and a single season - so that's not real helpful for multiple seasons and multiple episodes.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Global Search - TV Series

Just for reference --
- Runtime: Note that length is optional. The time should capture the length of the series or episode, depending on what is being described.
- Seasons are listed individually.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Global Search - TV Series

I got it working successfully tonight.  So now I'll need to set up the beta channel and get Roku's QA people to check over what is here.  Thanks for letting me vent some frustration.
0 Kudos