Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
streamingqa
Visitor

Roku Firmware V8.0 video playback issue

Roku Firmware V8.0 video playback issue

We are seeing video playback issues on our channel that seem like HLS rendering issues.
The symptoms are stuttering, blocky playback.  As if it’s having issues decoding after each keyframe.

Rolling back to 7.7.0.4135 fixes the issue.
The repro’s on 5 different boxes.

Does occur on:
Roku Express 3700X   V8.0.0.4108-28
Roku Premiere+ 4630X  V8.0.0.4108-29
Roku 3  4230x    V8.0.0.4108-04
Roku Ultra 4640X  V8.0.0.4108-29

Does not occur on:
Roku Stick 3500X    V8.0.0. Build 4108-09

Has anyone else seen anything similar? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
cocotower
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Firmware V8.0 video playback issue

Didn't you sign a nondisclosure agreement in order to test 8.0 before it's release to the public?  They have another forum for reporting bugs and talking about issues.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"cocotower" wrote:
Didn't you sign a nondisclosure agreement in order to test 8.0 before it's release to the public?  They have another forum for reporting bugs and talking about issues.

It's already rolling out according to users here.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
tim_beynart
Channel Surfer

8.0 is in-market
0 Kudos
Tyler_Smith
Binge Watcher

I am seeing a drop in performance on the task thread regarding player events firing, but nothing regarding playback.  With the exception that some content starts and I can hear the audio for about a second before I see the video (low end devices only).
Tyler Smith
0 Kudos
rDagg
Visitor

I'm having the same issue on a Streaming Stick. The player is choosing a bitrate that is higher than the device can process. I can't find anything in the docs to set an upper bound. I'm amazed the firmware isn't handling this itself.
0 Kudos