Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blakeyrat
Visitor

Re: Roku Express will not connect to particular wifi

Great snarky reply, but you *do* realize the Amazon product page for the Roku Express currently says it supports Dual-Band, and I bought it specifically for that feature? I'm not an idiot, I checked before buying.

Even worse, now Amazon's wanting to charge me $8 to send it back, even though their product page had the wrong information. So I'm out $8 because of this. Thanks, Roku.

And for the record, no, this information does not appear anywhere on the box or the manual. Why would it? That might be actually useful.

EDIT: and now of course that I'm trying to verify this, the Q&A answer that said it supported dual-band is gone. Goddamnedit.
0 Kudos
blakeyrat
Visitor

"blakeyrat" wrote:
Great snarky reply, but you *do* realize the Amazon product page for the Roku Express currently says it supports Dual-Band, and I bought it specifically for that feature? I'm not an idiot, I checked before buying.

Even worse, now Amazon's wanting to charge me $8 to send it back, even though their product page had the wrong information. So I'm out $8 because of this. Thanks, Roku.

And for the record, no, this information does not appear anywhere on the box or the manual. Why would it? That might be actually useful.

EDIT: and now of course that I'm trying to verify this, the Q&A answer that said it supported dual-band is gone. Goddamnedit.

Ok I was not crazy, here it is: https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx13TPRF2SUJ0I9/ref=ask_sa_saa_al_hza
The answer from rickr1953 (now at the bottom because I voted it wrong) clearly said the product supports dual-band. Now I'm out money because he's a liar. Great.
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

Yeah no way the average consumer who picks it up while wandering through a retail store would have any clue about 802.11X, Y, or Z, or 2.4, 2.5 or any other decimal you might throw their way.
It's odd they won't admit this is a screw up, that there is zero mention of it anywhere on the box or in the included materials.
aspiring
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

To be a little fair to Amazon, it never says it in the main description either, only some guy who gave an answer in the "regular people can give answers" section, which is never guaranteed to be right nor backed by Amazon - how could it be?
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

Amazon?  I thought we were ranting about Roku not admitting they forgot to mention on the box or in the pamphlet which wifi protocol the device supports or doesn't  :evil:
aspiring
0 Kudos
Komag
Roku Guru

Oh you're right overall, I was just replying to blakeyrat who bought it from Amazon because it specifically said it DOES support dual band.
0 Kudos
Cheftiff75
Visitor

Welp, I am finding this thread by searching my issue. I just upgraded to a Roku Express...LMAO!
AND I fired my internet provider, AND switched to an unlimited wireless plan so I could do exactly this. FML
0 Kudos