Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ingsaurabh

Roku Audio wrong duration

I am playing audio(mp3), but the duration some wrong value, which is 1.844674407371e+16, I tried playing video but its working fine

I searched forums for the same, found two users having the same problem, but their problem fixed automatically

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Developer-Program/wrong-remaining-time-on-player-progress-bar/m-p... 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Developer-Program/Dash-format-videos-not-properly-grabbing-durati... 

What more strange is problem happening on specific device Roku 3900X model, Software Version 9.2.0 build 4131-51 but not happening on other Roku 3600x model, Software Version 9.2.0 build 4131-24

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
norcaljb
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Audio wrong duration

This is totally bizarre as I just revisited some old audio player templates I created and got the same duration as fore mentioned. What I did notice is that if you re-select the same audio file it will give you the correct audio duration. 

Assuming this is a bug that has to do with 

[beacon.signal] |VODStartComplete ----------> Duration

firing off after the duration was printed or set and I would get the error.

I was able to bypass it with conditional statements that print and set the duration after

[beacon.signal] |VODStartComplete ----------> Duration

and that worked.

Here is what I did.

First, right after calling the play function

m.audio.control = "play"
m.seek = 0    '<added

then by observing the audio state I wrote my conditional statements there,.

if (m.audio.state = "playing")
if m.seek = 0
m.audio.seek = 0
m.seek = 1
else if m.seek = 1 then
print "audio duration = " m.audio.duration
end if

I hope that helps someone else who had this happen to them or until Roku fixes this bug.

0 Kudos