Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enmud
Visitor

Roku App/Channel crashes on only one device.

Hi we have private App/channel for Roku which streams videos. App crashes for one of the customers at a particular menu. With same Roku model , os and build version it does not crash on other devices that we test or to any other customer. Speed of the network is goo in both the cases. What else could be other possible reasons for this behaviour of app on a particular device?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku App/Channel crashes on only one device.

If you would like, please forward us the Serial Number from the Settings/System/About page on the two devices (send via Private Message), note which one is the problematic one and the channel ID of the channel and we can look if we have a log of the crashes and try to identify the cause.

First though, how do you know it is a crash? What are the symptoms?

- Joel
0 Kudos
enmud
Visitor

@RokuJoel I sent a private message to you. Not sure if it is delivered as it still shows up in Outbox not in Sent messages.
What i mean by crash is Control comes out of the app to Roku Home page from my app.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"enmud" wrote:
@RokuJoel I sent a private message to you. Not sure if it is delivered as it still shows up in Outbox not in Sent messages.

It was delivered but has not been opened yet. That's how you'll know in phpBB that a PM has been read, when it moves from Outbox to Sent.
0 Kudos