Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retrotom
Visitor

Re: Roku Ad Framework doesn't load when using dynamic script

"EnTerr" wrote:
I see. You have checked already some of what i was thinking.
Please don't shoot me for the crazy question - but did you check if Roku_Ads() is available in the Run() w/o using the Library statement? (probably not but worth trying)

Yeah -- tried that as well -- but didn't expect it to work. For example -- if you have the Library statement, but you forget to update your manifest, then RAF isn't dynamic linked either. Which results in an error because of a missing function. So I was already pessimistic about it being available -- and it wasn't.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ad Framework doesn't load when using dynamic script

"retrotom" wrote:
... For example -- if you have the Library statement, but you forget to update your manifest, then RAF isn't dynamic linked either. Which results in an error because of a missing function. ...

So perhaps we can surmise that Run() executes code sans the manifest? As consequence, that would mean:
  • Other libraries might also be unavailable, like the ones summoned by mani-fess-ing requires_audiometadata, requires_mkv, requires_flite_tts, requires_aaxs_drm

• roAppInfo.getValue(mftKey), .getVersion(), .getTitle() may not work
0 Kudos