Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbeerie

Requests from Ads in Charles Proxy from the Roku Channel, on a Roku Streaming Stick + device.

Hi, I am currently looking at ads on the Roku Channel and other apps for certification purposes, but am having problems seeing anything from the Roku Channel within Charles Proxy.  I was wondering if anybody has seen ad requests in Charles, specifically from the Roku channel (I'm using a Roku Streaming Stick+ device)? I am able to see the requests and responses for other apps in Charles proxy and even some SSL traffic, but very little information is coming through from the Roku Channel app. Looking for confirmation whether others are able to actually see requests firing from Ads or in fact anything else on the Roku channel, or if this has been limited/blocked by the Roku channel dev. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
bird3214
Binge Watcher

Re: Requests from Ads in Charles Proxy from the Roku Channel, on a Roku Streaming Stick + device.

Hi,
I have a similar issue.

You may try to use mitmproxy. It seems to work with Roku.

0 Kudos