Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ratish
Visitor

Re: Registry not Cleared if App is deleted

"belltown" wrote:
"RokuJoel" wrote:
A faster way to test your channels is to create an app that just deletes all the reg keys, run that and no reboot needed.

For anyone looking for such a channel, here is some code I wrote that does just that.

You can dump the entire registry contents on an roTextScreen, wipe the entire registry clean, or delete individual registry sections.

This prints only the registry from the space where you side loaded your app with the same device ID with which you pushed this Test Code.
It doesn't seem to print all registry values of all applications in the box.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

A factory default/reset from the settings menu 'should' clear the registry, as well as everything else and it automatically reboots for you too.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"ratish" wrote:
"belltown" wrote:
"RokuJoel" wrote:
A faster way to test your channels is to create an app that just deletes all the reg keys, run that and no reboot needed.

For anyone looking for such a channel, here is some code I wrote that does just that.

You can dump the entire registry contents on an roTextScreen, wipe the entire registry clean, or delete individual registry sections.

This prints only the registry from the space where you side loaded your app with the same device ID with which you pushed this Test Code.
It doesn't seem to print all registry values of all applications in the box.

There is no way to do that. That would be a huge security hole if you could, as many channels store authentication information in the registry.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"Separation of church and state", separation of concerns.
Each app gets its own sandbox to play in. Other apps data belongs to them (see "Nunya Business Inc" Smiley LOL ).
iOS and Android are even more restrictive (1 app <-> 1 data), where on Roku one can have "constellation" of apps signed by the same dev-key so they can share data, if one so pleases.
0 Kudos
lisakb140
Visitor

I even tried doing a factory reset, and it seems this data has still persisted. I am using the new Roku SG framework, and I am trying to programmatically delete data in my app when a user logs out, with the deleteRegistry sub Function in generalUtilities (it uses Delete(key)).

Does anyone know why even after a factory reset it still appears as if I am logged in?!?
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"lisakb140" wrote:
I even tried doing a factory reset, and it seems this data has still persisted. 

That's not really possible with channel-created data, unless the channel itself is creating it on its initial launch.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos