Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryoung
Visitor

Registration After Channel Update

I am waiting for our channel to be approved (submitted). I had a graphic update after submission along with 1 bug we ended up finding during extensive testing. With our app we have the requirement to register at our site and I had already done this on my local ROKU box(the pending approval 'public' channel). After I updated the graphic and the source files my channel app updated on my ROKU box. I preceeded to launch it and it is now requiring me to register again. Why is this happening? The registry section did not change. I definitely do not want this to happen in the future if we have a minor update we need to push to our public channel. (Sidenote: When updating the dev app on the roku box, it never required me to re-register.. It acted as expected)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Registration After Channel Update

Be sure both packages are signed with the same dev key. If they aren't, v2 won't be able to access registry data saved by v1.
0 Kudos
bryoung
Visitor

Re: Registration After Channel Update

They were.. Now I did "not" update the version number because I wanted to make sure the "First" version approved was v1.0. Would that have caused this as well?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.