Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stokesrg
Visitor

Region Lock

I created a private channel and then published it. I can view it on my Roku 2 device. I gave the code to a friend (which I also have control over their account), that lives just 8 miles from my location in the Flint Area of Michigan. When they enter the access code it tells them that the channel is not available in their area!?! I contacted Roku support, and the girl told me that my channel apparently has a region lock on it; and that I would have to contact Roku Developer Support. I've done that twice, and not heard back from them! Is there any quick fix to get the region lock lifted, if that is the true cause? Or, might there be another reason why the channel won't show on remote devices?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Region Lock

We only currently control channel access by country, so something else is going on here. If you send me the channel code via Private Message I can take a look and see what the situation may be.

- Joel
0 Kudos
stokesrg
Visitor

Thanks Joel, I sent you a PM with the access code. If think you can help, and need more info, just let me know. I appreciate you responding.
0 Kudos
stokesrg
Visitor

Thanks so much for your help Joel, and Scott from InstantTV.com.
My channel is now published and accessible. Great job guys. I really appreciate the rapid assistance on this forum.
0 Kudos