Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim_beynart
Channel Surfer

RAF logs errors when no ads available

Similar to https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=92104, when I have RAF enabled and I switch to linear content (which has no ads), I start seeing these messages in the log during playback:
BRIGHTSCRIPT: ERROR: Runtime: FOR EACH value is Invalid: roku_ads_lib:/Roku_Ads.brs(3316)

This also happens when I switch to VOD content with no ads. I am using SSAI and am using stitchedAdsInit to load the ad data. This happens in Roku_Ads Framework version 2.0.
Is suspect this is just poor validation of ad data in RAF, but is there something I should be concerned about? My QA team is reluctant to sign off on an app that logs a ton of errors around ad logic.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Re: RAF logs errors when no ads available

"tim_beynart" wrote:
Similar to https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=92104, when I have RAF enabled and I switch to linear content (which has no ads), I start seeing these messages in the log during playback:
BRIGHTSCRIPT: ERROR: Runtime: FOR EACH value is Invalid: roku_ads_lib:/Roku_Ads.brs(3316)

This also happens when I switch to VOD content with no ads. I am using SSAI and am using stitchedAdsInit to load the ad data. This happens in Roku_Ads Framework version 2.0.
Is suspect this is just poor validation of ad data in RAF, but is there something I should be concerned about? My QA team is reluctant to sign off on an app that logs a ton of errors around ad logic.

This particular diagnostic - i checked the line in source - nothing for you to be worried about. It is a warning from FOR EACH loop being asked to enumerate over `invalid` - which value was chosen to indicate empty list in another place. I am taking a note for us to fix this in next version, however. Thank you and keep reporting such concerns.
0 Kudos
tim_beynart
Channel Surfer

Re: RAF logs errors when no ads available

Awesome, thanks for the reassurance. 
I ended up disabling the call to stitchedAdHandledEvent in the event loop when we play back content with no ads, which I am guessing effectively disables RAF for this use case.  
0 Kudos