Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeroen
Visitor

Questions about AudioPlayer

Hi All,

I'm building an channel to play streaming radio content. I've got some questions which maybe someone can answer.

I've got a radio station with a total of 4 streams from different servers (for backup)

I'm using the "roAudioPlayer" and can't get the "SetContentList" to work. The Component Reference (Par 4.15) tells me that I need to pass an array of Content meta-data objects. But this object has over 60 attributes and it is unclear for me what attributes the roAudioPlayer uses. I tried adding one object for a radio station and setting the Attributes StreamUrls (4) and streamFormat. But it doens't work.

Is there a way to tell which attributes to use in combination with the AudioPlayer?

Thanks Jeroen
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Jeroen
Visitor

Re: Questions about AudioPlayer

Second question: it possible to show the "now Playing" information from a radio stream?
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

I believe your content list needs to be an array of content meta-data objects where each content meta-data object is an associative array containing a Url and a StreamFormat, e.g:

contentList = []
contentList.Push ({Url: "http://stream1.com/mp3", StreamFormat: "mp3"})
contentList.Push ({Url: "http://stream2.com/mp3", StreamFormat: "mp3"})
0 Kudos
Jeroen
Visitor

I think you're right. Currently I'm using the AddContent(stream, streamFormat) and that works.

Personally I think that Roku has got everything very well covered in there documentation. I'm kinda surprised that I can't find any information about which Meta-Data properties are used in the roAudioPlayer. Or in any other class(player). I still think I'm overlooking something...

Thanks for your answer!
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

"Jeroen" wrote:
I think you're right. Currently I'm using the AddContent(stream, streamFormat) and that works.

Personally I think that Roku has got everything very well covered in there documentation. I'm kinda surprised that I can't find any information about which Meta-Data properties are used in the roAudioPlayer. Or in any other class(player). I still think I'm overlooking something...

Thanks for your answer!

I agree. The SDK documentation is certainly not Roku's strong point. It's lacking in many areas. I ran into the same problems when I started. It would be nice if they at least had a table showing which meta-data properties applied to which components.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

"Jeroen" wrote:

Thanks for your answer!

7.0 Components First Introduced in Firmware v2.9 131
7.1 roAudioMetadata 131
7.2 roImageMetadata 132

Meta Data only works for 'local files' so it's rather useless for anything streamed online.
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

"destruk" wrote:
"Jeroen" wrote:

Thanks for your answer!

7.0 Components First Introduced in Firmware v2.9 131
7.1 roAudioMetadata 131
7.2 roImageMetadata 132

Meta Data only works for 'local files' so it's rather useless for anything streamed online.

I believe the "Meta-Data" we were referring to was "3.3 Content Meta-Data".
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

See? more confusion. 🙂
0 Kudos