Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YungBlood
Streaming Star

Publishing?

Hey,
I'm wondering how long it will take to see my channel made public. I submitted it around 1am Saturday morning, and I still don't see it public yet. I just realized I need to make a small graphics update to it. Will submitting an update before it gets published make the publishing take even longer? Are all the contest entries that are submitted by the end of today guaranteed to be public by tomorrow morning?
-Kevin
YungBlood

Bringing more fun to Roku!
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Publishing?

According to the contest rules, contest channels won't go live until Wednesday Night/Thursday morning...

June 30, 2010 – Contest begins at 12:01AM PDT

Sept 7, 2010 – Final submissions due no later than 12:00AM PDT

Sept 9, 2010 – Qualifying Channels published to the Channel Store by 12:00AM PDT, end user voting begins

Oct 8, 2010 – End user voting ends at 12:00AM PDT

October 9, 2010 -- Finalists announced

Oct 15, 2010 – Winners announced on the Roku website, and by email.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
YungBlood
Streaming Star

Contest rules... never thought to look there... lol 🙂
YungBlood

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

You can change the package you've submitted until midnight tonight (PDT). I saw that you submitted it. Good luck.
0 Kudos
FML2010
Visitor

so our final has to be done tonight?

but were allowed to add content as we go right?

i had some great ideas and tried my hardest to get info on how to implement them but everyone was preoccupied by the contest hopefully afterwards that will change
0 Kudos
calverst
Visitor

Decided not to create a new topic, since my questions regarding to publishing to. I'm trying to upload my app for testing and publishing... but when i chose my zip file and press save... nothing happens. File just disappears with no error message.
How can I track that application has been uploaded to website and ready for testing?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Try to add it to your player via the access code link. The big arrow in the center of the page should have also changed to a green "submit" arrow.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

First, you don't upload the zip file to the developer site. The zip file is just used for sideloading and testing locally. If you want to publish your channel, you need to upload the package file, which is the zip file, but encrypted and signed using your key and password.

As usual, I recommend you check out the docs distributed with the SDK.
0 Kudos
calverst
Visitor

Thanks a lot for help. Too bad i did not know about the competition =(
0 Kudos
YungBlood
Streaming Star

"RokuPatrick" wrote:
I saw that you submitted it. Good luck.

I discovered I could change thr graphics through my remote data, and it works just as good. So my code is good to go. I would have liked some feedback before deadline... but oh well. I'm sure my code can stand on it's own. 🙂

I look forward to seeing all the entries! 🙂
-Kevin
YungBlood

0 Kudos