Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkard
Visitor

Publish Question - Refreshing

Hey All,

I'm curious. I made some changes to our channel, and published, but I am not seeing the Channel refresh. I was expecting it to be a bit like a website where any changes are transparent and automatically picked up the next time you log in.

Am I misunderstanding this or does the publish take a while to propagate the Roku system?

Thanks!!
Jay
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DerekHelps
Visitor

Re: Publish Question - Refreshing

Did you "Channel Store Shuffle" (trademark pending lol)
By this I mean
Enter the channel store,
exit the channel store,
then visit the channel
Netgear WNR2000v2
Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT Firmware acting as Client Bridge
Soundbridge M2000/M500/R1000
Roku 2 XS 3100
-------------------------------------------------
It's all in the <sup>details</sup>
0 Kudos
brocker
Visitor

No, I didn't do that, but rather was trying to replicate a user experience. I doubt they would appreciate the "shuffle", or even understand why they were doing it.

I just did it and it worked, but are you saying that we need to tell all our users to do this or will it come through after the 24 hour period Roku says you need to wait?

Thanks for the reply
Jay
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

It will update within 24 hours. We have seen issues with private channels that don't update if the manifest version number is identical to what was there before.
0 Kudos
DerekHelps
Visitor

Yes, generally updates dont push until the roku makes a request for the update, just like when adding a private channel. When you add a new private channel, the owner site actually tells the user about the "channel store shuffle":

Channels typically will show up on your Roku player within 24 hours. To access your new channel now, you can refresh your channel lineup by entering and exiting the Roku Channel Store on your Roku playe

This is how users force updates and installs, otherwise the roku will update at some point when the box is idle.
Netgear WNR2000v2
Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT Firmware acting as Client Bridge
Soundbridge M2000/M500/R1000
Roku 2 XS 3100
-------------------------------------------------
It's all in the <sup>details</sup>
0 Kudos