Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamilou
Level 7

Protected stream in videoplayer template

Hello,

I created a personal channel with a few m3u8 channels and managed to make it work. I decided then to try a protected stream but i'm not able to make it work.
The protected stream file format is as following :
http://xxx.free.fr/iptv/ch12?code=1233164969133

This stream works perfectly in VLC.

Do you have an idea how I can integrate this stream to my "videoplayer" example ?

My working code with a normal m3u8 file is as following :

<item sdImg="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/freeChan/xxx/master/xxxlogo.jpg" hdImg="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/freeChan/xxx/master/xxxlogo.jpg">
<title>Schopenhauer</title>
<contentId>10003</contentId>
<contentType>Talk</contentType>
<contentQuality>SD</contentQuality>
<streamFormat>hls</streamFormat>
<media>
<streamQuality>SD</streamQuality>
<streamBitrate>1500</streamBitrate>
<streamUrl>http://fr-par-xxx-2.cdn.xxx.fr/streaming/xxx/9-xx.m3u8</streamUrl>
</media>
</item>


Thank you very much
0 Kudos
12 Replies
jamilou
Level 7

Re: Protected stream in videoplayer template

No one ? :?
0 Kudos
jamilou
Level 7

Re: Protected stream in videoplayer template

Anyone ?
0 Kudos
belltown
Level 7

Re: Protected stream in videoplayer template

Your question doesn't make any sense (at least to me), which may explain the lack of response.

What do you mean by "protected stream"? What do you mean by "protected stream file format"? And what does the url you mentioned represent? Is it supposed to be a link to a stream, if so it does not exist? There's nothing in your post that gives any clue about what it is you are trying to stream. Just because something streams on VLC, or any other player, says nothing about whether it will or will not stream on the Roku, nor why it won't. At the very least you'd need to give some information about the stream: an actual link to it that works, or a mediainfo printout of what is being streamed, or even the VLC Tools>Codec information output.
https://github.com/belltown/
0 Kudos
jamilou
Level 7

Re: Protected stream in videoplayer template

"belltown" wrote:
Your question doesn't make any sense (at least to me), which may explain the lack of response.

What do you mean by "protected stream"? What do you mean by "protected stream file format"? And what does the url you mentioned represent? Is it supposed to be a link to a stream, if so it does not exist? There's nothing in your post that gives any clue about what it is you are trying to stream. Just because something streams on VLC, or any other player, says nothing about whether it will or will not stream on the Roku, nor why it won't. At the very least you'd need to give some information about the stream: an actual link to it that works, or a mediainfo printout of what is being streamed, or even the VLC Tools>Codec information output.


Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I will rephrase my question hoping it will be easier to understand.

I'm actually using an M3U list that I bought from a provider and that contains links as this one :
--------------------
#EXTINF:-1,ZDF INFO
http://htq.brasilia.me/iptv/ch417?code=170063163877251
--------------------

These links are actually streams for online channels.

Every customer receives the same list but with a different code at the end of the link.
These links work in VLC and when I try to simply use them in my personal channel (based on the videoplayer template) the stream doesn't load.

I hope I provided the necessary information.

Thank you very much and sorry about my english (I'm outside the US)
0 Kudos
belltown
Level 7

Re: Protected stream in videoplayer template

Do you have an example of an m3u8 file that you can play with VLC?
https://github.com/belltown/
0 Kudos
jamilou
Level 7

Re: Protected stream in videoplayer template

"belltown" wrote:
Do you have an example of an m3u8 file that you can play with VLC?


Other than the one not working with the videoplayer template ?
if yes, here's one :
http://vm109.imust.org:1935/live/telesa ... ylist.m3u8
0 Kudos
belltown
Level 7

Re: Protected stream in videoplayer template

"jamilou" wrote:
"belltown" wrote:
Do you have an example of an m3u8 file that you can play with VLC?


Other than the one not working with the videoplayer template ?
if yes, here's one :
http://vm109.imust.org:1935/live/telesa ... ylist.m3u8

That link plays for me on my Roku. When you say you're "not able to make it work", what does that mean exactly? What happens when you try to play it? What events does the video player generate?
https://github.com/belltown/
0 Kudos
jamilou
Level 7

Re: Protected stream in videoplayer template

"belltown" wrote:
"jamilou" wrote:
"belltown" wrote:
Do you have an example of an m3u8 file that you can play with VLC?


Other than the one not working with the videoplayer template ?
if yes, here's one :
http://vm109.imust.org:1935/live/telesa ... ylist.m3u8

That link plays for me on my Roku. When you say you're "not able to make it work", what does that mean exactly? What happens when you try to play it? What events does the video player generate?


What about the first one I sent 2 hours ago ? Does it work on your Roku ? (I'm referring to this one : http://htq.brasilia.me/iptv/ch417?code=170063163877251 )
This one works on VLC (when I paste it on a text file and give it an M3U extension) but when I add it to the code below and then go to my channel and click on it, I see the loading bar starting to load and immediatly stops at the first 10% and closes the channel and brings me back to the category.

<item sdImg="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/freeChan/xxx/master/xxxlogo.jpg" hdImg="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/freeChan/xxx/master/xxxlogo.jpg">
<title>Schopenhauer</title>
<contentId>10003</contentId>
<contentType>Talk</contentType>
<contentQuality>SD</contentQuality>
<streamFormat>hls</streamFormat>
<media>
<streamQuality>SD</streamQuality>
<streamBitrate>1500</streamBitrate>
<streamUrl>http://htq.brasilia.me/iptv/ch417?code=170063163877251</streamUrl>
</media>
</item>
0 Kudos
belltown
Level 7

Re: Protected stream in videoplayer template

"jamilou" wrote:
What about the first one I sent 2 hours ago ? Does it work on your Roku ? (I'm referring to this one : http://htq.brasilia.me/iptv/ch417?code=170063163877251 )
This one works on VLC (when I paste it on a text file and give it an M3U extension) but when I add it to the code below and then go to my channel and click on it, I see the loading bar starting to load and immediatly stops at the first 10% and closes the channel and brings me back to the category.

That link is for an MPEG-TS stream, not an HLS stream.
https://github.com/belltown/
0 Kudos