Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qednick
Visitor

Private Channel taking forever to load/stream

Hi guys, created my first "test" private channel using the videoplayer sample provided in the SDK. I placed everything on my home web server including a test .MP4 file and everything works perfectly and flawlessly.
However, I gave the vanity access code to a colleague so they could view/test it out and they said it was taking forever to load anything. So I placed the files on an external hosting account and I'm now seeing that same problem.

I wondered if anyone had encountered this issue before and/or have any pointers as to what may be causing it. At first, I thought it may be an issue with my home web server and/or my internet connection. However, having the files on a professional paid hosting account makes no difference. All the URL's in the source and XML's are valid and tested. It just won't load fast like it should.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Private Channel taking forever to load/stream

Make sure you set the bitrate in the metadata to be close to the actual bitrate of the stream, see if that helps.

- Joel
0 Kudos
qednick
Visitor

Re: Private Channel taking forever to load/stream

Thanks Joel! I've been away for the hols but I'll give that a shot.

Nick
0 Kudos