Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kc8pql
Visitor

Private Channel Region Question

With the advent of the regional channel stores, public channel owners have the ability to choose where their
channels will be available. Is there any way a private channel owner can do the same? I'm thinking no. Just curious.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
belltown
Roku Guru

Re: Private Channel Region Question

"kc8pql" wrote:
With the advent of the regional channel stores, public channel owners have the ability to choose where their
channels will be available. Is there any way a private channel owner can do the same? I'm thinking no. Just curious.

When you add a private channel, the first dropdown box on the Channel Information page is for Channel Stores (United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Rest of World).
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

Thanks.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

All channels, public or private need to choose the appropriate regions.
0 Kudos
evilmax17
Visitor

This doesn't seem to be working for me.

I have an old Private Channel that was published before region options were available. I recently went in and edited the channel's properties, so that it would be available for all regions. I did not submit a new pkg. People in the aforementioned regions are saying that the channel is still being reported as "not available in their area".

Do you need to submit a new pkg file in order for these changes to take effect?
My Roku Channels:
Viddler - viddler.com
Tested Fan - tested.com | Jamie & Adam
This is my next - theverge.com
1080p Showcase - RIP
Whiskey Media - RIP
======================
http://www.binarymoustache.com
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

You pretty much need to re-upload your package for any changes whatsoever to be pushed to the system. This is true for public as well as private channels.

- Joel
0 Kudos