Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcline97
Visitor

Private Channel Problem

I have uploaded my first channel yesterday as a private channel and added it to my account, but it does not show up in the channel store. I had 2.9/1533 as a minimum firmware requirement and did upgrade my unit to 2.9/1553. Any ideas on what to look for?

Dave
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
kbenson
Visitor

Re: Private Channel Problem

"dcline97" wrote:
I have uploaded my first channel yesterday as a private channel and added it to my account, but it does not show up in the channel store. I had 2.9/1533 as a minimum firmware requirement and did upgrade my unit to 2.9/1553. Any ideas on what to look for?

A private channel does not show up in the channel store. Private channels are only installable through the individual channel code for that particular published/unpublished version of the channel or the vanity code for the channel.

Public channels are subject to approval from Roku when you attempt to publish, and after accepted are then available in the channel store.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
dcline97
Visitor

I did link it using the vanity code. No workie. But after rebooting the Roku it showed up!

Shoulda tried that first.
0 Kudos
kbenson
Visitor

"dcline97" wrote:
I did link it using the vanity code. No workie. But after rebooting the Roku it showed up!

Shoulda tried that first.

Yeah, adding using the vanity code should cause the channel to show after visiting the channel store or rebooting, as both of those cause the Roku to sync your channels and retrieve new or updated channels.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
WardFamily
Visitor

What is your channel? Can we try it?
http://lindenalabama.net
0 Kudos
dcline97
Visitor

It's called WineUpTV. About a month ago my wife and I were down in Hood River OR for a weekend of wine tasting. At one winery we ran into a limo with a bunch of people and a camera crew. Come to find out there is a wine shop in the Portland area that does wine tours, runs an online store and has been creating web episodes about all aspects of wine. They visit wineries, interview wine makers, taste wine and so on. They have about 30 episodes so far. They run 15 to 20 mins each.

Bottom line is we got to talking and I offered to create a Roku channel and they were excited. The owner and the camera man both bought Rokus the next week and I've worked with them to get it up and running - my first one so be gentle. I just added it to the private channel database last night. The vanity code is WineUpTV and their website is WineUpTV.com.

Currently the content is mostly limited to Oregon wineries, but I suggested they broaden their scope and they may pick up more followers.

Dave
0 Kudos
WardFamily
Visitor

Thanks!
http://lindenalabama.net
0 Kudos
tnt118
Channel Surfer

Added this for my wife, she'll enjoy watching. Thanks for sharing!
0 Kudos
bollywood
Visitor

congratulations

i am still struggling to figure out how to get it working.
Hawk Cam
Live footage from the nest on top of Bobst Library at N.Y.U.
copy and paste the link in your browser or use keyword: hawkcam

https://owner.roku.com/add/hawkcam
0 Kudos