Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ioan
Roku Guru

"Details Screen" questions

I'm making a private channel for my PVR. So far everything works fine, but I want to make it a little better. How do I flip the poster to be landscape (see the picture)?
https://github.com/e1ioan/
http://rokucam.com
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: "Details Screen" questions

The poster orientation on the springboard depends on the value of the contentType attribute of your content-meta-data object. Setting it to "episode" should do what you want. Other possible values are called out in section 3.3 of the Component Reference. roSpringboardScreen also has a SetPosterStyle() method for overriding those defaults, documented on p45 of the same document.
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

I'm trying to get the poster to display in portrait orientation.
I've tried all the available ContentTypes in my XML file, but they don't seem to have any effect, it always stays with the landscape as came with the videoplayer example.
ie <ContentType>episode</ContentType>
<ContentType>movie</ContentType>

By inserting this line around line 11 of my appDetailScreen.brs, I'm able to get the "multiple" style where it looks like there are a stack of images with mine on top
 screen.SetPosterStyle("multiple-portrait-generic")

I tried varying other meta data values and the changes appeared immediately, so I know I'm working with the correct file. Can anyone tell me why the ContentType in my meta data has no effect?
aspiring
0 Kudos
joetesta
Roku Guru

Answered my own question (sort of) -

In showFeed.brs I had to change the line
item.ContentType = "episode"
to
item.ContentType = "movie"

now I see the single image like I had hoped. Although I wonder why my meta data didn't take care of this, since this section says
'Set Default screen values for items not in feed
?

Anyway, hope i'm not clogging up the forum with my dumb questions & answers; maybe this might help someone else?
aspiring
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

I still think the only dumb question is the one that's not asked. 🙂
0 Kudos