Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onevoisses
Visitor

Private Channel Not Showing on Roku Player

I have submitted my first private channel,however it will not play on my roku player.
I have both an XD and an XS player both are ROKU2.(the XD is my developers player)
My first problem was with the Insufficient memory when I click on the <Go to Channel> button.
I used one of the examples and I notice it was about 1000K
So I tried one for myself and I notice that my package was 400k these still give the insufficient memory problem.
I bought a 4g memory card and put it in the XS and I still have that problem.
I repackage the zip-file which is now 80k. I delete everything from Roku site,unlink my player,factory reset the XS,that is to say I had zero channel in the store.
Did a new upload of the new package.I deleted the old one. and got new private code.
That is to say start new and refresh.Them Bam! its back to "insufficient memory"
I tested the videos on my webserver with flowplayer and everything works fine even the seek.
Can anyone help we ? I have already pick all my eyelashes out and half my hair trying to get on top of this!
Channel: Goaheadmission
O/S : Linux
Home media: MYTHROKUPLAYER With Homerun
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Private Channel Not Showing on Roku Player

This comes up every once in a while. Use the "Search this forum" feature to search for insufficient. A couple of things I can think of:
  • no manifest or manifest isn't at the root of the zip

• no icons in the manifest

• improper zip (manifest should be at the root with subdirectories for source and images, etc.)

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Does the channel work if you side-load it?

--Mark
0 Kudos
onevoisses
Visitor

Thanks for reply
Yes it does side-load.
I am going to check the manifest and all my files(images etc.) all though I did about hum thing time.so I can eliminate these.
I am the 5-12 shit so later I check these and return.
0 Kudos
onevoisses
Visitor

Thanks renojim and RokuMarkn you were both right.
The examples were side loading but not my customization of my private channel but as I was just overwhelm I thought otherwise.
I went back to rule one "Read" and I can say these developers kit are well written.
then I check all three suggestions by renojim and yes you were right on the money.
With these and making sure file permissions and attributes were okay.I was dancing.

Oh these forums too viewtopic.php?f=34&t=35870 and viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32845

So consider this one solved "One two Cha cha cha""one two cha cha cha"
0 Kudos