Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Prevent Black Screen or Timeout

"belltown" wrote:
Any Unicode character that can be represented in 16 bits should work, even on legacy Rokus, even if it requires 3 UTF-8 octets. Just don't try using something like the Pile of Poo character, which takes up 32 bits. This is not a problem since you shouldn't need a pile of poo when you have an alarm clock to wake you up.

How about NUL (Lit_%00), will that do it? Seem most appropriate for doing nothing.
Or will it make Roku expire?
PS. Holy Lit_%F0%9F%92%A9, Batman!
Lit_%10 launches Rdio
Lit_%13 launches Netflix
Lit_%14 launches Pandora
Lit_%15 launches Crackle
Lit_%1a launches VUDU
Lit_%1c navigate to Channel Store
Lit_%1d navigate to MGo
Lit_%1e launches Amazon
Lit_%1f launches Blockbuster
0 Kudos
RokuKC
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"EnTerr" wrote:

How about NUL (Lit_%00), will that do it? Seem most appropriate for doing nothing.
Or will it make Roku expire?
PS. Holy Lit_%F0%9F%92%A9, Batman!
Lit_%10 launches Rdio
Lit_%13 launches Netflix
Lit_%14 launches Pandora
Lit_%15 launches Crackle
Lit_%1a launches VUDU
Lit_%1c navigate to Channel Store
Lit_%1d navigate to MGo
Lit_%1e launches Amazon
Lit_%1f launches Blockbuster

ECP keypress processing of character codes less than 0x20 (space) is a bug that was introduced in the firmware awhile back.
It's been fixed in ongoing/future firmware releases, so don't rely on that for any functionality.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"RokuKC" wrote:
ECP keypress processing of character codes less than 0x20 (space) is a bug that was introduced in the firmware awhile back.
It's been fixed in ongoing/future firmware releases, so don't rely on that for any functionality.

Aha!
I remember years ago i tried the control characters and there were no such side effects, hence i was baffled yesterday. It being transient feature explains it.
0 Kudos