Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csPlay
Visitor

Poster Screen Lazy Loading

Hi,

I am wondering if Roku's poster screen lazy loads the images, suppose I provide a URL for the sd and hd poster, as the user scrolls the hidden posters into the view. Or, on the other hand, it tries to fetch all the images at once when I populate the list of posters at the first place. If this is the case, would the performance of the box slow down significantly or be out of memory when I have 500 image posters to download.

Thanks for your feedback.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Poster Screen Lazy Loading

I'm not sure about the specific download behavior, but it loads (and unloads) the images into memory as needed, presumably using some algorithm based on scrolling behavior and screen visibility. I've had upwards of 4000 or more posters on a single grid screen without running into any memory issues.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos