Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhrami
Level 7

Packaging new version but no devId

Hi there,

I am submitting an updated version of my application. While doing so at "Static Analysis" I am getting an error - devid doesn't match the pervious version of the app". I generated new keys for this latest version, and didn't retain the old ones. How am I supposed to proceed? Please help me out.

Thanks,
Bhrami.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
joetesta
Level 10

Re: Packaging new version but no devId

you should be able to download your previous (current live) package and rekey your Roku device; 
https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... keyUtility
aspiring
0 Kudos
bhrami
Level 7

Thanks that worked. Tip to remember: save the devid and password, you will need it for updates.
0 Kudos
destruk
Level 10

If you read the developer guide, it says that.
0 Kudos
family_apps
Level 7

"bhrami" wrote:
Hi there,

I am submitting an updated version of my application. While doing so at "Static Analysis" I am getting an error - devid doesn't match the pervious version of the app". I generated new keys for this latest version, and didn't retain the old ones. How am I supposed to proceed? Please help me out.

Thanks,
Bhrami.

The same thing happened to me, I have a new version of my application, but I get that error and I returned to generate new keys for the new version. How did you fix it? I try to follow the manual of https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... keyUtility

But I do not understand it, if you could help me, please!
0 Kudos
perrycbrown
Level 7

"bhrami" wrote:
Thanks that worked. Tip to remember: save the devid and password, you will need it for updates.

But you said previously:

I generated new keys for this latest version, and didn't retain the old ones. How am I supposed to proceed? Please help me out.

So how did you rekey your device if you did not retain the old id and password?
0 Kudos