Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhrami
Visitor

Packaging new version but no devId

Hi there,

I am submitting an updated version of my application. While doing so at "Static Analysis" I am getting an error - devid doesn't match the pervious version of the app". I generated new keys for this latest version, and didn't retain the old ones. How am I supposed to proceed? Please help me out.

Thanks,
Bhrami.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
joetesta
Roku Guru

Re: Packaging new version but no devId

you should be able to download your previous (current live) package and rekey your Roku device; 
https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... keyUtility
aspiring
0 Kudos
bhrami
Visitor

Thanks that worked. Tip to remember: save the devid and password, you will need it for updates.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

If you read the developer guide, it says that.
0 Kudos
family_apps
Visitor

"bhrami" wrote:
Hi there,

I am submitting an updated version of my application. While doing so at "Static Analysis" I am getting an error - devid doesn't match the pervious version of the app". I generated new keys for this latest version, and didn't retain the old ones. How am I supposed to proceed? Please help me out.

Thanks,
Bhrami.

The same thing happened to me, I have a new version of my application, but I get that error and I returned to generate new keys for the new version. How did you fix it? I try to follow the manual of https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdkdoc ... keyUtility

But I do not understand it, if you could help me, please!
0 Kudos
perrycbrown
Channel Surfer

"bhrami" wrote:
Thanks that worked. Tip to remember: save the devid and password, you will need it for updates.

But you said previously:

I generated new keys for this latest version, and didn't retain the old ones. How am I supposed to proceed? Please help me out.

So how did you rekey your device if you did not retain the old id and password?
0 Kudos