Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subhalaxmi
Visitor

Packaging And Pushing Roku App doubt

Hi guys,

I have not got any response for my questions.

I hope this time I will get it.

Suppose I am creating a package of 1.0 with one devId And password and uploaded it in Channel Store and again after a few days I will create the package of the same app with version 1.1 with another devId And password and upload it.Then what will be the effect. Please help me guys. Will be there any problem or It will be successfully override the previous version.

Please guys help me.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Packaging And Pushing Roku App doubt

I think it will be fine, except it will bust your registry (if any saved credentials etc will be lost, they are tied to the devID).

Why don't you try and let us know your experience? This is something simple enough to do as a private channel, no publish review etc - just do it.
0 Kudos
subhalaxmi
Visitor

Thanks a lot.

Actually I have tested earlier. But still I am in doubt. 😞 . And In app I am storing some data in registry.
I have one question. When the app is updated with the latest version , then according to you.the registry will be getting cleared.right ?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"subhalaxmi" wrote:
I have one question. When the app is updated with the latest version , then according to you.the registry will be getting cleared.right ?

Maybe. That depends.
Registry is shared between multiple apps with the same devID.
All apps signed with devID=A can only see the registry (let's call it) "regA".
All apps signed with devID=B can only see registry "regB".
So when you deploy same app as devID=B, it cannot see regA.
RegA may or may not be cleared at that point, depending if there are other devID=A apps still installed. It's as if registries get garbage-collected - when last reference to them disappears, so do they.
0 Kudos
subhalaxmi
Visitor

Okay, thanks a lot. 🙂
0 Kudos