Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gobigwheel
Channel Surfer

Package Upload not working

I am trying to upload a package using the documentation. https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/publishing/channel-publishing-guide.md#upload-a-pa...

I have followed the instructions from here: https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/publishing/packaging-channels.md

Here are the steps I am taking:

• I am able to successfully upload the zip file of my channel and install it. At this point the channel plays on my Roku device correctly.
  • I Convert to squashfs and get the Conversion succeeded.
  • I go to the Packager tab and enter my App Name/Version
  • I click Package. 
  • I down load the pkg file.
  • I go into my Roku account
  • On the Upload Package page I enter the version number and upload the pkg file,
  • I check I'm not a robot and click Save.

It then redirects me to the Preview and Publish page. I don't get any error messages. It still shows a red explanation make next to Package Upload and it won't let me continue.

What am I missing?

Thank you for any feedback.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Package Upload not working

Try not converting to squashfs.  I've never used it.  It's possible it's just a glitch with the Roku site right now which does happen (all too frequently).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
gobigwheel
Channel Surfer

@renojim 

Thank you for your feedback. I took your advice and created the package without squashfs and waited a day in case it was a Roku glitch but it still doing the same thing. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I just tried it and I was successful.  My next suggestions would be to clear your cookies or use a private browsing window, try another browser, try another computer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
calebv
Channel Surfer

I had this exact problem and for me, it turned out that I was reusing the same version that was already published. A simple message telling me this would've saved a lot of time. So I just upped it to the next major version and it uploaded fine.

0 Kudos
NicholasStokes
Binge Watcher

I getting the below error when I upload the package

Error Message:

The file you uploaded is incorrectly packaged. Please follow our guide to packaging an application and resubmit.

0 Kudos