Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squirreltown
Roku Guru

PIN entry

Any chance there is an undocumented way of showing the numbers entered in the PIN dialog? Just asking since you can obscure the entry to the Keyboard dialog.
I'm using the PIN entry to change a slideshow duration so no need for hiding.
Thanks
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: PIN entry

Using roKeyboardScreen will show what is entered.
Otherwise, it would be a request for future firmware to 'unmask' the pin entered on the pinscreen.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Thanks destruk, thats what i thought. The keyboard is not an option is this case.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

How you could deal with it then is with a custom roScreen for the PIN entry, or just accept that it is masked, perhaps tossing up an 'are you sure' dialog with the visible number that was entered before sending it to your server for validation.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Hey thanks, the confirmation thing is a good idea, I may do that, what i have now is the screen title changes from "Set Slide Duration" to "Slide Duration Set - XX" when you hit the OK button and sleeps there for a second before exiting. As for roScreen, I've learned it doesn't play well with the other screens as I already have a scrolling screen for the slideshow, so when Roku makes it possible to launch one without the empty (black screen) buffer showing I'll consider using it more.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
thesigner47
Reel Rookie

Squirreltown : I have forgotten my password and am trying to make a new one but am having trouble. Please help

0 Kudos
thesigner47
Reel Rookie

I'm having trouble with my pin and change it to something new but how

0 Kudos
thesigner47
Reel Rookie

where is the rokeyboardscreen

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It has been deprecated and can't be used for new channels.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
thesigner47
Reel Rookie

@squirreltown, there's no way my PIN can be changed ? There's a channel I'm trying to get but it keeps asking for my Roku PIN number.

0 Kudos