Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheFloridaCha
Reel Rookie

Our App just stopped working how do I diagnose?

Our app has been in the store and working fine for months, then out of no where Yesterday the app won't load past the splash screen and just crashes. No changes on our end or with underlying app code. Reached out to support and have not heard back. How can I diagnose why our app is crashing on the app store now? Thanks for any and all help. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Our App just stopped working how do I diagnose?

Start by checking your crash logs in the developer dashboard.  They're not real-time, but I would think 24 hours is enough time for them to show up.

Are the crashes happening to everyone on every device or just here and there?  Crashes are often because of a corrupted or unexpected value in the registry.  That's why the remove/restart/reinstall is often suggested to users.  It clears out anything saved in the registry.  There's also the possibility that something in your app isn't compatible with v13.0 that's been rolling out recently.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TheFloridaCha
Reel Rookie

Re: Our App just stopped working how do I diagnose?

Thanks so much for the reply. We found the logs and identified the issue.

Which was our CDN changing a value.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.