Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sinigord
Visitor

Newbie on Board

Hi Roku People,

Thought I'd say hello since I'm new to this Roku Development thing, downloaded the SDK friday and have been having some fun.

I have a small media room with a Projector, Amp, Speakers, PS3 and of course the Roku. So, my issue was when I wanted to listen to just music, I didn't want the Projector on. So, I hooked up a sony portable dvd player to the composite output of the Roku and was using it as a secondary monitor. This almost suited my needs, except I couldn't read the filenames from across the room cause they were too small (and it was a bit slow for my liking) when using the USB Media Player.

So, after downloading the SDK and playing around for the weekend, I came up with a new Music Player that shows stuff in a Huge font and is faster too.

If anyone is interested in having a look at it, let me know. Can we attach files here?

Gordon.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
sinigord
Visitor

Re: Newbie on Board

I packaged it up and it can be found at https://owner.roku.com/add/SINIMB

Gordon
0 Kudos
sinigord
Visitor

Re: Newbie on Board

Updated to v1.1. Discovered that every third or fourth track failed to load and got my title display out of sync. Added ability to skip back or forward thru tracks in your playlist.

Feedback welcomed.
0 Kudos