Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbakernc
Visitor

New HD Players

The HD player I bought 3 weeks ago does not connect to the Internet via the wireless at home.

I just bought 4 HD player, I turned one of them on, connected to my wireless (at our office), It automaticlly did a software update and rebooted.

NOW, the first screen I get is Activation issue, Try again - back

Try again, nothing happens

Back, Welcome to the Roku player, this should take less then 5 minutes.......... press OK, then I get acttivation issue.

Rebooted, tied HOME, I can only get to these two screens.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
bbakernc
Visitor

Re: New HD Players

UPDATE,

I finally, did a reset on the bottom of the unit.

Also, the second one I opened and connected did the SAME THING
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

And the other two?
0 Kudos
bbakernc
Visitor

Same thing, I have to press the reset on the bottom
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

This thread really belongs in the general forum, but... if possible, you should always set up your new Roku over a wired connection, so it can download the latest firmware, before attempting to connect to wireless.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
bbakernc
Visitor

I did post this and several other issues, but no replies. That is why I posted here. We are testing these for several clients and the install of them need to be easy and simple. Having to get the box to a wired connection and then doing a hard reset, doesn't really fall in to the "EASY" catagory.

If you have to do a Hard Reset after you do a firmware update, I think the software guys should look at updating the firmware update.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"bbakernc" wrote:
I did post this and several other issues, but no replies. That is why I posted here. We are testing these for several clients and the install of them need to be easy and simple. Having to get the box to a wired connection and then doing a hard reset, doesn't really fall in to the "EASY" catagory.

If you have to do a Hard Reset after you do a firmware update, I think the software guys should look at updating the firmware update.

If you use a wired connection to set it up, I don't think you need to do a reset. The reset is necessary, because the box was set to use wireless, but couldn't find it for some reason after the firmware update.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
TomCorwine
Channel Surfer

For what it's worth - I've set up at least a dozen Roku boxes over the past couple of months. All of them have been over WPA encrypted wireless connections, and I have never experienced any kind of problems. These were all XD|S models.
0 Kudos
bbakernc
Visitor

These are the "new" one that just where shipped, and the HD Player
0 Kudos