Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbakernc
Level 7

New HD Players

The HD player I bought 3 weeks ago does not connect to the Internet via the wireless at home.

I just bought 4 HD player, I turned one of them on, connected to my wireless (at our office), It automaticlly did a software update and rebooted.

NOW, the first screen I get is Activation issue, Try again - back

Try again, nothing happens

Back, Welcome to the Roku player, this should take less then 5 minutes.......... press OK, then I get acttivation issue.

Rebooted, tied HOME, I can only get to these two screens.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
bbakernc
Level 7

Re: New HD Players

UPDATE,

I finally, did a reset on the bottom of the unit.

Also, the second one I opened and connected did the SAME THING
0 Kudos
destruk
Level 10

And the other two?
0 Kudos
bbakernc
Level 7

Same thing, I have to press the reset on the bottom
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Level 9

This thread really belongs in the general forum, but... if possible, you should always set up your new Roku over a wired connection, so it can download the latest firmware, before attempting to connect to wireless.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
bbakernc
Level 7

I did post this and several other issues, but no replies. That is why I posted here. We are testing these for several clients and the install of them need to be easy and simple. Having to get the box to a wired connection and then doing a hard reset, doesn't really fall in to the "EASY" catagory.

If you have to do a Hard Reset after you do a firmware update, I think the software guys should look at updating the firmware update.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Level 9

"bbakernc" wrote:
I did post this and several other issues, but no replies. That is why I posted here. We are testing these for several clients and the install of them need to be easy and simple. Having to get the box to a wired connection and then doing a hard reset, doesn't really fall in to the "EASY" catagory.

If you have to do a Hard Reset after you do a firmware update, I think the software guys should look at updating the firmware update.

If you use a wired connection to set it up, I don't think you need to do a reset. The reset is necessary, because the box was set to use wireless, but couldn't find it for some reason after the firmware update.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
TomCorwine
Level 7

For what it's worth - I've set up at least a dozen Roku boxes over the past couple of months. All of them have been over WPA encrypted wireless connections, and I have never experienced any kind of problems. These were all XD|S models.
0 Kudos
bbakernc
Level 7

These are the "new" one that just where shipped, and the HD Player
0 Kudos