Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squirreltown
Roku Guru

New Firmware problems

Thanks to the new 5.1 firmware I am now getting flashing black screens all over my channel, happening when a screen facade is active. Never seen anything like this before, and is happening on two different XS's. In the case of returning from a grid screen to the main poster screen, it happens 100% of the time and is just a flash, so you see the facade for 1/2 sec then the black screen for 1/2 second. In the case of starting a slideshow from the poster screen it is random, but happens about 50% of the time, and completely wipes out the facade, you never see it , so you get 2-4 seconds of black screen. Really great.

Can someone from Roku clue me in on what has changed. Again, never saw anything like this before this firmware, and did not update my channel today, it was working just fine before this.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
destruk
Streaming Star

Re: New Firmware problems

You might try this -- viewtopic.php?f=34&t=59770

RESOLVED!
Okay... I worked out that by adding sleep(25) with the facade close did the trick... Has eliminated the flash.
Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

No that didnt work. adding sleep(25) seemed to make the coming out of the grid back to the poster screen intermittent instead of 100%, so its like the other places now,
It did not stop it after making a selection on the grid screen( which is a built-in Roku facade - not one thats written in my code), and it did not help with wiping out the facade going to a slideshow from the main poster screen. I still get about 50% black screens there.

Hello Roku?
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
destruk
Streaming Star

I feel as 5.1 rolls out to more developers, this problem will become a thorn in our side.
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Wouldn't mind a response from Roku on this..
Thanks
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Can folks who are experiencing this dropbox us some example channels we can side-load that demonstrate this bug, so we can work out the cause? You can send it to me in a private message or email jbraverman at roku dot com.

Thanks

- Joel
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Black flashing screen on Roku facades still an issue on two Roku 2 XS's. with firmware 5.1 build 1178.
No change from 5.1 b1165.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

"squirreltown" wrote:
Black flashing screen on Roku facades still an issue on two Roku 2 XS's. with firmware 5.1 build 1178.
No change from 5.1 b1165.

Still A problem with build 1195
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Been two months now, Any news on fixing this bug?
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Hello Roku?
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos