Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nightowl69
Binge Watcher

Need help with deep linking and publishing app

Jump to solution

I have a few questions. 

I developed an application but it is not a login screen authentication where the user enters their email and password to log in. Instead, it generates a code and the user needs to link their account with my website by entering the code that generated.

In such a scenario, should I include customer test login details when I submit the app?
and, what should I enter inside the deep linking parameters? Because the screen that displays when it opens on the Roku will be an activation screen only.

Can I pass the certification test? does Roku allow such app to be published?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sanity-check
Roku Guru

Re: Need help with deep linking and publishing app

Jump to solution

The apps I maintain used to do the same thing as yours, with a code. We were made to change them to accept a username + password for login instead.

(One of them had a ton of users who used to log in with FB/Twitter, those people can't use the app on Roku any more.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nightowl69
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Can I select "A customer account is not required to access any channel feature." and get around this? even though the user should link the device with their account at my website.

please help

0 Kudos
sanity-check
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The apps I maintain used to do the same thing as yours, with a code. We were made to change them to accept a username + password for login instead.

(One of them had a ton of users who used to log in with FB/Twitter, those people can't use the app on Roku any more.)