Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uncle_Howie
Channel Surfer

My Vimeo Showcase feed was working then it suddenly stopped and giving me errors.

My Vimeo generated feed was ingesting my videos with no problems then it suddenly stops and giving me a bunch of errors in the feed status saying: 'unable to download from feedURL.:Exception Response code other than 200 from. it also showing me some old date of 12/31/1969. i also tried it in MyJson and it gave me errors saying: 'video url cannot be found'. (see pictures below) (here is my feed below): https://vimeo.com/showcase/6829595/feed/roku/6ac86c7513

https://vimeo.com/showcase/6829595/feed/roku/6ac86c7513https://vimeo.com/showcase/6829595/feed/roku/6ac86c751https://vimeo.com/showcase/6829595/feed/roku/6ac86c7513

I am stuck and honestly doesn't have a clue what to do. Anyone can help me through this, i will call you a savior.

Thank You

(hwponline@yahoo.com)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 2.56.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-20 at 2.57.08 PM.png

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Uncle_Howie
Channel Surfer

Re: My Vimeo Showcase feed was working then it suddenly stopped and giving me errors.

Thanks for the advice but I contacted Vimeo going 2 weeks now and still waiting.....

0 Kudos
NickLargent
Channel Surfer

Re: My Vimeo Showcase feed was working then it suddenly stopped and giving me errors.

The same exact thing is happening to me and I'm not sue how to fix it. I'm not sure if its on Roku's side or Vimeo's

0 Kudos
Roberticus

I have the same issue, my feed is broken. I just contacted Vimeo support and they are looking into it and will get back to me. 😞

0 Kudos
bugle_uk
Reel Rookie

My Channel has the same issue.

I have two feeds that I can use, a Json xml and Vimeo.

When the Json feed gave me an error alert three days ago, i changed to my Vimeo feed URL but neither are working so, I imagine it is at the Roku end that things have messed up.

Maybe their support team are Self-Isolating for the time being.

0 Kudos
Uncle_Howie
Channel Surfer

Thanks for your advice. I will try Roku support and see what happens. 

0 Kudos
Crowhaven

Same trouble here. For those blaming Vimeo, we use the same feed for our AppleTV and FireTV apps and they are having no trouble. 

Pretty sure this is a Roku issue.

0 Kudos
Trigold
Binge Watcher

There are a number of people who are getting the "url unreachable" message from Vimeo for feeds that were working and then shut down (search the blog you'll find more posts).  And not all Vimeo feeds, because my friend's Vimeo feed is working.  Send in your tickets to Vimeo and Roku so they stop ignoring us. 

Shout out to @AaronMSpelling who suggested pcloud as an alternative - be sure to upload into the Public Folder and then Share using the "Direct Link".  I had to upload everything again to pcloud but it's pretty fast,  24 hours later, the channel works, except for the one file with a vimeo link, which I left to flag when Vimeo starts to work again.  

Warith

@AaronMSpelling Save replies like this.  This is a useless attempt to sell something.  If you don't have an answer, don't say anything.  This doesn't help users like me with the same issue.  Don't want to see the lame advert you are posting.

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

@Warith wrote:

Save replies like this.  This is a useless attempt to sell something.  If you don't have an answer, don't say anything.  This doesn't help users like me with the same issue.  Don't want to see the lame advert you are posting.

Just curious, are you also experiencing the url unreachable error?  (I didn't see a previous post of yours, and I'm not sure if AaronSpelling post got deleted or your referring to one from 3 weeks ago).

Anyway, if you are getting the error, and you host with Vimeo, there's been an ongoing glitch among several operators for about 3 weeks. Unfortunately 'We're looking into it' is mostly what Roku's supplied us with.  I think some members contacted Vimeo & received similar responses. This is pretty upsetting, tough to decipher the cause other than something backend.

I'd recommend emailing partnersuccess@roku.com with your channel name & info.  If you don't use Vimeo, you might want to mention the host or search for it, but naming it could help other future members discuss it and know they're affected.

Also, lastly, there is a separate forum for Direct Publisher channels, and I think most affected are DP. This section is more for SDK coded channels, so it kinda impacts their forum weeding thru all these unrelated DP issues.  If you search and follow/post there, you'll find alot of ongoing discussion going on: https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Direct-Publisher/bd-p/roku-direct-publisher

0 Kudos