So, any hint as to where I could get the "latest" and give it a try? What I have now is the (larger) of the extremeavocado zip files, whatever version that is.
The latest version should be available on the channel walkthrough page (#2).
Nice! Being just the server files its no wonder the zip is much smaller. Anyway, tested cover art from embedded art and does indeed work fine. Now, if/when this app is updated it would be nice to be able to have that info.
Is the cmd window remaining open necessary? It appears to be giving second to second status reporting.
If you are running under windows - you can setup the server to run as a service and not need the cmd window opened...
I posted this a couple weeks ago - here is a repeat:
I was able to get mymedia runnig as a windows service.
It is a bit convoluted as services cannot normally run interpreter based programs (bat, perl, python, etc)
You need to download a launcher called srvany.exe from Microsofthttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/137890
Once this is done you would create the MyMedia service as follows
1) open a DOS command window as administrator
2) install the srvany.exe program somewhere - I installed it in C:\systools
3) from the DOS prompt
C:>sc create MyMedia binPath= "C:\systools\srvany.exe" start= auto DisplayName= "MyMedia"
4) start regedit and navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MyMedia
5) Right Click on MyMedia in the nav panel and add new key. Name the key "Parameters"
6) open Parameters and right click - add new string value called "Application" and put the value of the full path to the mymedia.bat file. Note - when you install mymedia - dont use the default name when you extract it - that name changes with every release - use something like c:\MyMedia
7) edit the mymedia.bat file in the mymedia install directory to include full paths - here is what mine looks like now
rem Contributed by umbighouse
rem copyright 2010
now start the service - run -> services.msc - start the MyMedia service.
If all goes well - you should be able to run the config web page http://127.0.0.1:8001
Going where the wind don't blow so strange