Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgrace
Roku Guru

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

"renojim" wrote:
"dgrace" wrote:
So, not without a stumble and I'm still not certain, even though it's working, if I've got the latest. Once I went into the channel store and removed mymedia I thought I had to manually browse to and upload files to my roku. Found no instructions to do so, instead only to load server files to pc and use spring board to load the client. Got nothing.

I think you're confused because of the old way of side-loading the channel using Springboard.py. That's no longer necessary.

"dgrace" wrote:
Read more instructions and it sounded like I had to go back to the website and load mymedia from roku. I saw to use mymediabeta as the registration, but the TV screen gave me something else.

It looks like you're confusing the private channel code, mymediabeta, with the registration process. Add the 2.0 beta using the mymediabeta channel code - https://owner.roku.com/add/mymediabeta
When you start the channel (which should show "beta" in its title), it will go through the registration process, which is just an automated way of getting the server's IP address to the client. If you already know it, you can skip the registration process and just go into the channel settings and enter it manually.

"dgrace" wrote:
So.....I've looked for the old instructions that I tried a LONG time ago when I gave up and loaded via Channel Store.

It sounds like you may have the new server but old channel.

-JT

Got it now. Thanks. I must not have gotten the memo on the new way of loading the client.
So, to keep up on changes/updates, how would a person best know?
Thanks again for your work on this. It's the best thing available for streaming my music and videos to my Roku.
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Someday I'm going to get my act together and make the update process smoother, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. You probably don't have to worry too much about missing anything since I have no plans to make any changes. This channel long ago exceeded my needs. I'm always open to suggestions and I will, of course, fix any bugs that may be uncovered, but that's about it for now.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
castalla
Visitor

Err ... you sort of contradict yourself (your perogative, of course) when you ask for suggestions, but then state you're not going to make any changes ....!!!

As I've posted many times before and suggested to you before - make the music looping feature selectable please!??!!??

Otherwise, it's a great app!
0 Kudos
renojim

"castalla" wrote:
Err ... you sort of contradict yourself (your perogative, of course) when you ask for suggestions, but then state you're not going to make any changes ....!!!

As I've posted many times before and suggested to you before - make the music looping feature selectable please!??!!??

Not going to make any changes "for now". :mrgreen: At some point I'll get back to this, but life has crapping on me all year and I've got other priorities right now. For what it's worth, I took a look at what it would take to remove the looping and it would take more than a few minutes.

-JT

0 Kudos
castalla
Visitor

"renojim" wrote:
"castalla" wrote:

Not going to make any changes "for now". :mrgreen: At some point I'll get back to this, but life has crapping on me all year and I've got other priorities right now. For what it's worth, I took a look at what it would take to remove the looping and it would take more than a few minutes.

-JT

Ah .... thanks. I understand - hope things get better for you sooner .... cheers
0 Kudos
castalla
Visitor

What has the above to do with My Media app???

Is it spam, or what?
0 Kudos
Gilgamesh
Visitor

"castalla" wrote:
What has the above to do with My Media app???

Is it spam, or what?

I think you nailed it. It seems to be spam but VERY poor spam. I guess we should report and not discuss it but it is so comical that I could not resist.

MODs: Feel free to delete this if you want.
0 Kudos
xwin
Visitor

For everyone who is interested, http://pogoplug.com/ is offering "free" pogoplug classic device with subscription to the Pogoplug Family Backup. I received one yesterday and I am running ArchLinuxArm on it and MyMedia app is happily serving the content. The speed is very reasonable and power consumption is low. Not a bad deal for $30.

You can read my review of it if you are interested - http://thingsiused.blogspot.com/ The blog is ad free 🙂
0 Kudos
rvempati
Visitor

I am getting the same issue "library failed to parse ID3 tags for" with version of netguy204-roku_media_server-ExtremeAvocado-45-g932629b. Where I can get the older version of this server.

On my roku device I can see the list of my files. But when I try to play them, I get invalid file format error for both MP3 and MP4 files.

Please advise.
0 Kudos
renojim

I don't know if an older version of the server would help you, but they should all be availabe on github.

I don't understand what you mean when you say, "I get invalid file format error for both MP3 and MP4 files". Is the error coming from the server or the channel? I don't believe there's an error message like that in either. I don't think a problem with an ID3 tag would keep an MP3 from playing, but I'm not sure. Can you send me an MP3 with the problem?

The problem with MP4s would not be related to a problem with MP3s. The box can be pretty picky about video files, so you may want to post the output of MedioInfo or provide a link to (or send me) a small video file.

-JT

0 Kudos