Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
el_wubo
Visitor

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

"emolson1" wrote:
"el.wubo" wrote:
"emolson1" wrote:

netguy204-roku_media_server-8de3528 folder contains all the magic (What Windows app would open the "textile" docs?) I launch by double-clicking mymedia.bat

Based on the folder name, it looks like you're version predates the mkv support xwin added.

The walkthrough links directly to the version I used. Where is the newer version?

The walkthrough link has been updated. Just download from that same link again. The zip will be ExtremeAvocado-45-g932629b.zip this time. The link was updated just a few days ago.
0 Kudos
emolson1
Visitor

Thanks.
0 Kudos
xwin
Visitor

Hi
"Download it Here and follow the instructions at that page to get things set up" link on the first page is broken. In the mean time you can get the server on this page:
https://github.com/netguy204/roku_media_server/archives/channel Get zip if you are on windows and you know what to get if you are on linux 😉
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Visitor

"xwin" wrote:
Hi
"Download it Here and follow the instructions at that page to get things set up" link on the first page is broken. In the mean time you can get the server on this page:
https://github.com/netguy204/roku_media_server/archives/channel Get zip if you are on windows and you know what to get if you are on linux 😉

Thanks! Fixed. Just to prevent confusion: The "Download it Here" instructions xwin is referring are in the very first post and they give you a way to skip the private channel mechanism and install the channel from the source code. You probably don't want to use this technique unless you're planning on helping with the development of MyMedia.
0 Kudos
tdurrant420
Visitor

I need some one with a tablet(preferably Kindle Fire/Nook Touch tablets. I know it works on iPad) to go to

Durranticus.dyndns.org/VideoPlayer.html

I am testing the hmtl5 video component for the web server portion instead of rss feeds as it is now.
The rate of it is going to be pretty slow as my up link is only ~768kbs

email me at tdurrant420 at gmail dot com with results
0 Kudos
xwin
Visitor

Hi,
Did anyone think about using py2exe for windows distribution of the server? This would make a self contained executable with the corresponding files which could be simply unpacked in to a directory without installing python separately. I was going to give this a try.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Visitor

"xwin" wrote:
Hi,
Did anyone think about using py2exe for windows distribution of the server? This would make a self contained executable with the corresponding files which could be simply unpacked in to a directory without installing python separately. I was going to give this a try.

Thanks.

I did think of it but I'm not a windows user and firing up the vm is a pain. It's definitely worth a try and I expect py2exe would work (I've used it for other things.) If it works, I'll change the walk through instructions for windows to point to your exe instead and keep it there for as long as you or someone else is willing to take care of building new releases.
0 Kudos
willalmo
Visitor

I tried for days to get roksbox to work...it didnt. I spent ten minutes on this and voila 🙂 Thanks so much.

Also: any help with the streams settings? Thanks
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Welcome to My Media!

I'm not sure what you're asking about the streams settings. I'm assuming you've found the page where you can add a stream and you see the four sample streams. You're kind of on your own as far as finding stream URLs and keep in mind that only MP3 streams are supported by the box. The other thing you should be aware of is if the URL ends in a port number, like the Folk Alley URL (http://66.225.205.8:80/), make sure the trailing slash is part of the URL you enter.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
xwin
Visitor

I tried py2exe and it generated the binaries. However during loading of the server module "image" failed to load. I verified in the archive there is no module "image". There is however a module "Image". Is that a windows case problem? I am not that experienced with python but I started to use it more and more. It comes handy for small quick scripts.

I am hoping to get this to work as the installation would be much more simple - only few MB zip file. No python or separate libraries.
0 Kudos