Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arifimam
Visitor

My First Channel Please review and comment

Hi guys,
I just completed a test channel using mrss template, please review and comment.
https://owner.roku.com/add/MZYSU

thanks
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
donbga
Visitor

Re: My First Channel Please review and comment

What is the content or theme of your new channel?
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

I installed it. FYI to the other poster - it is a Food channel.

Comments:

Color scheme is nice.

I would do something more professional looking with the Logo, at the very least move it up a couple of pixels, possibly make it larger, or make a horizontal version.

The Thumbnail images for each poster take a long time to load. They are excellent images though, make my mouth water. Perhaps they need to be smaller in size (either dimension or file size or both) so they load faster? As long as they keep looking they way they do.

Not all video's play, and they take a while to load. However, the quality of the video's I've seen so far is excellent.

The video I most wanted to see was the Raspberry Lassi recipe, but it wouldn't play. 😞

Personally, I prefer to use the Flat-Category style so you can see all the thumbnail images at once, but since these are taking a while to load, you might as well stick with this format till you solve that problem.

I like what you are doing with this, so if you can solve the image problem and make sure all video's play, that would be good.
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos
arifimam
Visitor

@jbrave,
Thanks for your comments, Actually it was just a test project, I found the Podcast on Miro Guide and decided to try it out. I've no control on the thumbnails because they are part of the rss feed wich I did not created, may be there is way in the BrightScript to control or modify but I don't know anything about BrightScript. The credits for the quality of videos and images goes to the website owner.

I am working on another project that I own, I just developed it as a design guide for my Roku developer.
https://owner.roku.com/add/FUWMW
0 Kudos
alwinlee
Visitor

I checked out your channel and was surprised at the quality. Can you explained to me how you created it? I have limited programming skill. Perhaps you help me develop a private chanel for a fee? let me know what you can do for me . my email is leealwin@yahoo.com. Thanks
0 Kudos
elio2001
Visitor

same surprise 🙂
Can tell us how doing so high pictures quality?
0 Kudos
alwinlee
Visitor

After several weeks of messing around with sample videoplayer and video player, I finally figured out to implement them. It wasn't so hard after all. Can someone tell me how to create a channel like crackle or netflix? Is that the simplegrid.brs? or is there another sample hidden somewhere? Please help Roku folks?
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Yeah, simplegrid.brs is a place to start, or just read up on rogridscreen.

Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos