Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpjamloki
Visitor

Move roimagecanvas to roScreen black screen coming

Hi,
I am using both roImageCanvas and roScreen in one Channel. When i move to ImageCanvas to roScreen (OK key prees in imagecanvas and move to roscreen) a Black screen is coming for a little bit time(approx for 2 second).

So i want to remove this black screen which is coming b/w both screen during navigation from one screen to another.
Any Suggestion would be thankful to me.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Re: Move roimagecanvas to roScreen black screen coming

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to get rid of it. As soon as you create an roScreen, it displays, so you get a black screen until you draw your content. Would it be possible for you to switch your roImageCanvas to use and roScreen instead?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
squirreltown
Roku Guru

theEndless is right that you will never get rid of that black screen entirely (Dear Roku, please fix this "feature"), and I agree that going all-roScreen is probably the best way to go - but 2 seconds is a real long time for that black screen, and it may be because of the transition from the canvas to roScreen. If you create a roScreen on top of another roscreen ( absolutely no reason to do this BTW) the black screen will last maybe 50-100 milliseconds. So this still leaves you with a black screen where you don't want it, however short. What I've done because its the only thing I can think of, is to always do a fade up from black to whatever screen you want. You have to start in black, so make it look like you intended to do it.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
cpjamloki
Visitor

Thanx squirreltown and Endless for reply.
As squirreltown says that "do a fade up from black to whatever screen you want"
i also did that but same problem is coming. first screen choose by me for fade up is coming then black scrren is also appearing then ro screen is appearing. it's not seems solution for that.
if you have any alternate solution for this please share with me.
0 Kudos