Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brocker
Visitor

Modify Look and Feel of PIN Entry

Hi All,

Is it possible to modify the look and feel of the roPinEntryDialog screen? Specifically, can I change the colors and text at the top the screen?

Thanks!
Bud
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
brocker
Visitor

Re: Modify Look and Feel of PIN Entry

Hey all,

Does the lack of responses mean this can't be done? Anyone have an idea on this either way?

Thanks
Bud
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

You have no control or specific theme attributes for that screen type dialog. So you'd have to use roImageCanvas or an roKeyboard screen to have any more control.
0 Kudos
brocker
Visitor

Thanks destruk,

I have not worked with the roImageCanvas yet but will certainly read about it. I have implemented a roKeyboardScreen however. Are you saying I can control the look and feel of the roKeyboardScreen?

thank you
Bud
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

There are three data entry type screens in ROKU. The keyboard screen, the search screen, and the pin entry screen. Anything else you would need to create yourself.
The keyboard screen has an overhang image as well as support for breadcrumbs, so you could change the colors and text at the top of the screen with an image for the overhang.
You can also change the search text and preload a 'search term'. So you have more control over entering a PIN code and your PIN can be alphanumeric using the search/keyboard screen.
The search screen also allows for an overhang graphic.

I'm sure KBenson and TheEndless would urge you to check into roImageCanvas, as that would allow you to accomplish any kind of graphical interface with nearly full control over how it works. Ideally that's what you'd want for a finalized product, but as a short term fix you can use one of the three built-in screen types.
0 Kudos
brocker
Visitor

Awesome, thanks destruk. I think at this point I need to read up on the roImageCanvas as that seems like a good option. I really appreciate the help!

Best
Bud
0 Kudos