Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veeta
Visitor

Mixing roVideoPlayer and SceneGraph

I'm working on a project where the video player has had quite a bit of customization done to it using roVideoPlayer. I'm wondering if I can launch the scene graph, then use a unique media id passed into the main brightscript thread in order to hide/destroy the scene graph and display roVideoPlayer. So far I haven't had luck reading field values from the SceneGraph into the main brightscript thread.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Veeta
Visitor

Re: Mixing roVideoPlayer and SceneGraph

I was able to get this to work, posting here for future reference. From the main brightscript thread, callbacks sent in to observeField aren't invoked. Perhaps this is documented somewhere already. I had to poll the value of the roSGNode field to watch for a change.

Finally, I was somewhat surprised to see roVideoScreen play the video without having to tear down or hide the roSGScreen. And once the roVideoScreen closes, the scene graph is shown again. Hopefully this is behavior I can rely on going forward.
0 Kudos