Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philotas
Roku Guru

Misaligned KeyboardDialog

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=97417&p=544018&hilit=keyboard#p544038I am creating a channel in with
 ui_resolution=fhd

When I am showing a KeyBoardDialog the part width the keys are misaligned, where as the background is fine.

I took the hello world example from Hello World Example:
and added this code in helloworld.xml

m.KeyboardDialog = CreateObject("roSGNode", "KeyboardDialog")
m.KeyboardDialog.buttons = ["LOGIN","CANCEL"]
m.top.dialog  = m.KeyboardDialog

with the same result (see Screenshot)

I added a missing ui_resolution=hd to the example but it did not help.
tested on these device: Roku 2 and Roku 3

Any ideas?

Maybe it has to do with this problem described here:
This has to do with some funny behavior of roImageCanvas.  It tops out at 1280x720, even if the UI is running FHD.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
philotas
Roku Guru

Re: Misaligned KeyboardDialog

anybody?

Can you reproduce the issue?
0 Kudos
daverooneyca
Visitor

We just ran into this problem and were able to fix it.  We looked at the KeyboardDialogExample and compared it to our code to see what was different. We weren't using a background image via the backgroundUri attribute, and as soon as we set that (using the image from the sample) it worked fine. 😕

So Roku folks, I would suggest that this is a bug - the KeyboardDialog's Keyboard node doesn't centre properly in the dialog when no backgroundUri is specified!
0 Kudos
philotas
Roku Guru

on firmware 7.5 I don't see this issue anymore
0 Kudos
daverooneyca
Visitor

"daverooneyca" wrote:
We just ran into this problem and were able to fix it.  We looked at the KeyboardDialogExample and compared it to our code to see what was different. We weren't using a background image via the backgroundUri attribute, and as soon as we set that (using the image from the sample) it worked fine. 😕

So Roku folks, I would suggest that this is a bug - the KeyboardDialog's Keyboard node doesn't centre properly in the dialog when no backgroundUri is specified!

CORRECTION... it wasn't the background image, it was the dialog's Title. We hadn't set it, and when we did the keyboard node was positioned properly. Even an empty title string results in the issue with the keyboard node.

To reproduce the issue, you can use KeyboardDialogExample and change keyboarddialog.title = "Example Keyboard Dialog" to keyboarddialog.title = ""